Integrity is the key to achieving your goals and dreams. It’s about keeping your commitments, to others and to yourself, and doing what you say. Integrity is being aligned with your truth. When you honor your word, extraordinary things start to happen. If you are committed to making a difference, integrity is a must.
Imagine pushing a shopping cart with a wobbly wheel through the grocery store. As you move along, you struggle to steer the cart in the direction you want to go because the wobbly wheel pulls in the opposite way. You have a few choices: You can abandon the cart, replace it with another one, or grit your teeth and bear with it.
Pursuing your goals without integrity is like a wobbly shopping cart. The wheels may turn but the ride will be very bumpy. Along the road to achieving your goals, you are tested by challenges and setbacks. Without integrity, you may be tempted to sell out or abandon your dreams altogether. Doubt and fear can cause you to lose sight of what truly matters and reduce your dreams to what you realistically think we can accomplish. You can sabotage your efforts by struggling alone instead of asking for help — your progress is slow and you get stuck. Going after your goals and dreams with integrity leads to clarity, ease, flow, and most important, to trust.
THINK ABOUT IT
- On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being flawless, how are you about keeping agreements with other people? How are you about keeping agreements with yourself?
- Can people count on you and even more importantly, can you count on yourself?
- When you say “yes” is your heart in it and do you give your best effort? Or, is guilt the motivating force in saying “yes” when you really need to say “no?”
- Do you have an internal mechanism for knowing if you are aligned with your truth?
- What’s incomplete in your life? Write down three things you intend to complete this week. What do you need to do to complete them?
Please do not use this message on integrity to beat yourself up with criticism or judgment. Instead, take this week to strengthen your integrity muscle one degree more. It’s about telling the truth to the best of one’s ability and honoring all agreements. Join me on Facebook