“You can make positive deposits in your own economy every day by reading and listening to powerful, positive, life-changing content and by associating with encouraging and hope-building people.” — Zig Ziglar
Difference Makers are lifelong learners, so it is safe to say they read. I asked the authors of Strengthen Your Wings: Amazing Stories for the Journey and the readers in our Strengthen Your Wings Chat Room to help me create a best books list. These are our favorites — books we’ve read, liked, and that made a difference for us. At the top of the list is the book I wrote along with 18 amazing contributing authors (and, yes, I am a little bias). The books are as diverse as our community. I’m sure you’ll find a book from our list that will strengthen your heart and make your spirit soar.
Our Best Books List
- Strengthen Your Wings: Amazing Stories for the Journey by Cassandra Washington & One Degree Shift
- The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind: Creating Currents of Electricity and Hope by William Kamkwamba and Bryan Mealer
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brene Brown
- Goddess Warrior Training: Become the Woman You Are Meant to Be by HeatherAsh Amara
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie and Stephen Mitchell
- Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura Hillenbrand
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide To Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Embrace Your Magnificence: Get Out of Your Own Way and Live a Richer, Fuller, More Abundant Life by Fabienne Fredrickson
- Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife by Eben Alexander III M.D.
- Drip Meditation by Dr Mitchell May
- The 4:8 Principle: The Secret to a Joy-Filled Life by Tommy Newberry
- A Confident Heart: How to Stop Doubting Yourself and Live in the Security of God’s Promises by Renee Swope
- The Shack by William P. Young
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
- The Mastery of Love: A Practical Guide to the Art of Relationship by Don Miguel Ruiz
- The Principles and Power of Vision by Myles Munroe
- The Carpenter: A Story About the Greatest Success Strategies of All by Jon Gordon
- The Boy Who Died and Came Back: Adventures of a Dream Archaeologist in the Multiverse by Robert Moss
- The Butterfly Effect: How Your Life Matters by Andy Andrews
Tell us what you’re reading. What’s the best book you read in 2014?
Thanks to all who contributed to this best books list: Lourdes Brown, Karen Carlson, Alexa Beltran, Sharon Luke, Darcie Beyer, Tina Drake-Parmigiano, Teresa Wallett Strum, Vanessa Sexton, Yolanda Hunte, Ilda Grimaldo, Bobbye Middendorf, Kathi Palmer. I look forward to creating a new reading list with you next year!
Here are more favorites from our friends and connections:
- Do It! Marketing: 77 Instant-Action Ideas to Boost Sales, Maximize Profits, and Crush Your Competition by David Newman
- I’m a Piece of Work! Sisters Shaped by God by Cynthia L. Hale
- The Clash of the Caterpillar and the Butterfly by Camellia Varnado